1. What are cookies and why do we use them on the Web?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user’s device when they access certain websites in order to store and retrieve information about the browsing that takes place from their computer.
Cookies allow this website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about user decisions and habits. The existing cookies on this website are necessary for its operation.
2. What types of cookies exist?
Cookies, depending on how long they remain activated, can be divided into session or permanent cookies:
- Session and persistent cookies: Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only of interest to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion. In the case of persistent ones, the data remains stored on the device for a certain period of time, thus facilitating the control of the chosen preferences without having to repeat certain parameters each time the website is visited.
Additionally, depending on the entity that manages them, cookies can be classified as own or third-party:
- Own or third-party cookies: Own cookies are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided. . On the other hand, third-party cookies are those that are sent to the user’s terminal from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In terms of purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical / personalization / analysis / advertising cookies: technical cookies would be those that allow you to control traffic and data communication; those of personalization, those that let the users access according to some own characteristics that collect (browser, language, etc.). The analytical ones are those that allow the person in charge of them, the follow-up and the size of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked, collect data on the behavior of the users and allow to elaborate a user profile. Finally, advertisers collect data on the management of advertising space.
3. Quin tipus de cookies utilitza la pàgina web?
|NID||.google.com||This cookie is used for a profile based on user interest and to show personalized ads to users.||6 months|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||www.vicpuntzero.cat||The cookie is defined by the GDPR’s cookie consent to record the user’s consent for cookies in the “Advertising” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||www.vicpuntzero.cat||This cookie is defined by the GDPR cookie consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user’s consent for cookies in the “Performance” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||www.vicpuntzero.cat||These cookies are set by the WordPress plugin for GDPR cookie consent. The cookie is used to remember the user’s consent for cookies in the “Analytics” category.||1 year|
|viewed_cookie_policy||www.vicpuntzero.cat||The cookie is defined by the GDPR cookie consent to record the user’s consent for cookies in the “Functional” category.||1 year|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||www.vicpuntzero.cat||The cookie is defined by the GDPR cookie consent to record the user’s consent for cookies in the “Functional” category.||1 year|
|_gid||.vicpuntzero.cat||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information about how visitors use a website and helps to create an analysis report of how the website works. The data collected includes the number of visitors, the source they came from, and the pages they visited anonymously.||24 hours|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||www.vicpuntzero.cat||This cookie is defined by the GDPR cookie consent plugin. Cookies are used to store user consent for cookies in the “Required” category.||1 year|
|_ga||.vicpuntzero.cat||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data, and track site usage for the site analysis report. Cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.||2 years|
4. How to disable browser cookies?
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure if they want to accept cookies and which ones. These settings are usually found in the “settings” or “preferences” of your browser menu.